Microsoft Project 2021 Advanced
Develop your Microsoft Project 2021 advanced expertise.
Master Microsoft Project 2021
Are you an experienced project manager or PMO who knows your way around MS Project 2021 but who would like to build your confidence with the application’s more sophisticated tools? If so, this is the course for you.
In fourteen jam-packed sessions, we will cover a broad range of features that you can put to immediate use, learning to visualize, plan, and execute your projects in a whole new way.
We will explore advanced topics like splitting, consolidating, and sharing projects and creating shared resource pools. We’ll have you managing variable costs, overtime, budgets, and WBS codes in no time. Creating customized tables, views, and reports lets you look at your projects in the ways that are most helpful to you, and recording macros and modifying VBA macro code will save you valuable time, reducing repetitive tasks. We’ll also cover importing and exporting data between Project and other applications to give you maximum flexibility. Each session ends with hands-on exercises to reinforce the new skills.
This course is for the project manager who wants to hone their abilities and gain greater insight into and control over the projects they manage, using this powerful Microsoft tool as effectively as possible. Mastery of Project 2021 is among the most valuable tools in every project manager’s professional toolkit, and we’re here to make sure it’s in yours.
By the end of this course, you will feel confident:
- Splitting and consolidating projects.
- Creating shared resource pools.
- Setting up recurring tasks and creating custom fields.
- Customizing outline numbering.
- Understanding and creating unique WBS codes.
- Assigning fixed costs to tasks and resources.
- Understanding cost accrual and different accrual methods.
- Working within budgets.
- Making changes to cost rates.
- Working with overtime in a schedule.
- Working with variable material costs.
- Creating custom tables and views.
- Sorting, filtering and grouping Project data.
- Creating, modifying, and running custom reports.
- Comparing different versions of a project to highlight the differences.
- Creating Excel and Visio reports from Project data.
- Understanding Earned Value Analysis and interpreting the EVA tables.
- Importing and exporting data between Project and other applications.
- Recording a macro to automate repetitive tasks.
- Learning the basics of modifying VBA Macro code.
- This is a video-led course. You can preview some videos below.
- This course includes practice exercises.
- This course is aimed at PC Excel users.
Course Certificate Included
This course includes an optional online quiz that will generate a course certificate upon completion.
We offer an unconditional, 30-day, full money-back guarantee, no questions asked. This is our way of ensuring you have complete confidence in your Stream Skill purchase. If you don’t learn, you don’t pay.
Why Trust Us?
Stream Skill is part of the Simon Sez IT family and has been in business 14+ years and taught over 1 million students in that time. We’ve created over 130 software training courses, 8,000+ video tutorials, and we’ve helped thousands of people across the world learn how to use Microsoft Office. We’ve now created Microsoft Excel courses for the last five versions and continue to help people get to grips with this essential tool.
Free PreviewIntroduction to Consolidation and Resource Sharing (6:07)
Free PreviewAdvanced Resource Sharing and Resource Pools (8:57)
StartProject Consolidation (9:01)
StartExercise 02 (2:15)
StartPractical Sharing and Consolidation - Part 1 (10:50)
StartPractical Sharing and Consolidation - Part 2 (9:09)