Level up your Power BI skills and create stunning Dashboards
Power BI is a powerful, interactive business intelligence (BI) solution from Microsoft. It imports data from multiple sources, which you can then transform and analyze with a range of visual tools. Power BI has a user-friendly interface ideal for people with a limited technical background, allowing them to create their own reports and dashboards.
This intermediate Power BI course is designed to build on the material covered in our Power BI beginner-level course, so it is ideally recommended to go through that course first, which will give you a good handle on the basics and familiarity with the interface. If you already have a preliminary understanding of Power BI’s functionality, this intermediate course is right for you.
In this course, we discuss the data files to be used and some Power BI settings to set you up for success in learning. The last part of the course is one big exercise, giving you plenty of practice building reports and dashboards.
This course also includes course files to follow along with the instructor and uses the Power BI Desktop version.
This course uses the Power BI Desktop version. It also includes course files to follow along with the instructor.
The course covers:
- Importing and transforming data in Power Query
- Importing Excel, text, and CSV files and combining files
- Enabling/disabling load and report refresh
- Resolving data import errors
- Getting started with data modeling and relationship types
- Learning measures vs. calculated columns
- Creating a date table with DAX
- Creating additional and conditional columns
- Using the ROUNDUP and SUMX functions
- Creating quick measures and key measures tables
- Using the DAX - CALCULATE function
- Using tables vs. matrix tables
- Formatting visualizations and applying conditional formatting
- Building column, line, and map charts
- Adding gauge and card visualizations
- Using slicers and filters and apply design elements
- Creating a shared workspace in the Power BI service
- Building reports and dashboards
- Pinning visualizations to the dashboard
- Setting up scheduled refreshes
- This is a video-led course. You can preview some videos below.
- This course includes practice exercises.
- This course is aimed at PC Excel users.
Course Certificate Included
This course includes an optional online quiz that will generate a course certificate upon completion.
We offer an unconditional, 30-day, full money-back guarantee, no questions asked. This is our way of ensuring you have complete confidence in your Stream Skill purchase. If you don’t learn, you don’t pay.
Why Trust Us?
Stream Skill is part of the Simon Sez IT family and has been in business 10+ years and taught over 500,000 students in that time. We’ve created over 100 software training courses, 5,000+ video tutorials, and we’ve helped thousands of people across the world learn how to use Microsoft Office. We’ve now created Microsoft Excel courses for the last five versions and continue to help people get to grips with this essential tool.
Free PreviewImporting Excel Data Files from a Folder (4:21)
Free PreviewCombining Files and Removing Columns (4:33)
Free PreviewSplitting and Merging Columns (4:55)
Free PreviewApplying Data Types (3:47)
StartImporting Text and CSV Files (7:11)
StartRelationships and Lookup Tables (6:41)
StartDuplicate vs Reference (7:07)
StartCreating a Lookup Table (3:28)
StartCreating Index Columns (3:43)
StartMerging Queries (5:19)
StartEnable/Disable Load and Report Refresh (3:22)
StartAdvanced Editor (4:49)
StartResolving Data Import Errors (5:07)
StartOrganizing Queries into Groups (3:00)