Introduction to Alteryx - Online Course
There is no getting away from it. We now live in a world where data dominates. Decisions in business, government, the economy, which music to listen to or new shows to watch, it's all about data.
Happily, there is a growing number of tools to help make sense of the volume of raw data now available. Alteryx is one of those.
In this Introduction to Alteryx course, we show you how to get started with the Alteryx Designer and set you on a path to becoming an Alteryx developer.
You don't need any previous knowledge of Alteryx to take this course. An intermediate to advanced Excel understanding is useful.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to use Alteryx workflows to cut out repetitive tasks
- How to build visual workflows in Alteryx
- How to make the most of 'Favorite Tools' as core Alteryx building blocks
- How to filter data in Alteryx
- How to use the basic functions in Alteryx to match data
- How to dynamically rename datasets
- How to parse data in Alteryx
- How to create reports in Alteryx that run on demand
- How to use the predictive tools in Alteryx to perform data analysis
- How to build a k-centroid clustering model using Alteryx
- How to turn a workflow into an analytic app using a GUI
- How to publish work in Alteryx to a gallery to allow others to view
- This is a video-led course. You can preview some videos below.
- This course includes practice exercises.
Course Certificate Included
This course includes an optional online quiz that will generate a course certificate upon completion.
We offer an unconditional, 30-day, full money-back guarantee, no questions asked. This is our way of ensuring you have complete confidence in your Stream Skill purchase. If you don’t learn, you don’t pay.
Why Trust Us?
Stream Skill is part of the Simon Sez IT family and has been in business 10+ years and taught over 500,000 students in that time. We’ve created over 100 software training courses, 5,000+ video tutorials, and we’ve helped thousands of people across the world learn how to use different software tools.
The “IT" in Simon Sez IT stands for “Information Technology." We offer instruction to help learners win when it comes to computer and software technology. Learning software skills in an easy, self-paced way for an affordable price is what Simon Sez IT is all about.
The company was founded in 2008 by Chris “Simon" Calder, Director of IT operations for one of Los Angeles' most prestigious institutions. In this role, Simon saw the need for low-stress software training for hundreds of employees in his company who were facing technological upgrades at work. That's how the idea of Simon Sez IT was born.
Since then, Simon Sez IT has built a rapid and loyal following. At a time when many companies were struggling to survive, Simon Sez IT thrived—providing accessible, low-cost computer and software training to people of all ages, regardless of their computer experience. In our first four years alone, we serviced tens of thousands of satisfied customers in over 180 countries.
StartIntroduction Video (4:02)
StartAlteryx Essentials (5:47)
StartData Types 101 (4:38)
StartComponents of the Alteryx Workflow (8:55)
StartFormatting data to create a more efficient workflow (9:26)
StartBasic Workflow Examples: Getting started with the tool palette and data cleansing tools (9:55)
StartCourse Instructor Files