Introduction to Tableau Desktop
A comprehensive introduction to Tableau, the market-leading data analytics and business intelligence tool.Get Started Now
Get Started with Data Visualisation in Tableau Desktop
Tableau is one of the best data analytics and business intelligence tools available. In this course, we introduce you to this powerful, market-leading tool and get you started building your very own visualisations.
Move at your own pace as you learn how to navigate Tableau, connect to data sources, and make use of the drag-and-drop interface to create interactive charts and dashboards. We’ll cover everything from understanding business intelligence and basic data concepts to applying your own calculations, expressions, and functions in Tableau.
Please note that only Tableau Desktop is featured in this course.
In this course, you will learn:
- What Tableau is and the product suite
- What business intelligence is
- The Tableau interface and its major functions
- Which data structures are suitable for Tableau
- How Tableau reads and categorizes data
- Different data concepts and theory
- How to connect and manage data sources
- How to navigate the Tableau workspace
- How to build a view and different chart types
- How to create a dashboard
- How to publish and share a workbook
- How to use calculated fields in Tableau
- How to use numeric, string, conditional, and analytical expressions/functions in Tableau
- This is a video-led course. You can preview some videos below.
- This course includes practice exercises.
- This course is suitable for PC or Mac users.
Course Certificate Included
This course includes an optional online quiz that will generate a course certificate upon completion.
We offer an unconditional, 30-day, full money-back guarantee, no questions asked. This is our way of ensuring you have complete confidence in your Stream Skill purchase. If you don’t learn, you don’t pay.
Why Trust Us?
Stream Skill is part of the Simon Sez IT family and has been in business 10+ years and taught over 500,000 students in that time. We’ve created over 100 software training courses, 5,000+ video tutorials, and we’ve helped thousands of people across the world learn programming, data analysis, Microsoft products, and more.
StartCourse Introduction (2:11)
StartDOWNLOAD ME: Course Exercise Files
Free PreviewTableau Introduction (2:14)
StartTableau Product Suite Introduction (5:59)
Free PreviewBusiness Intelligence Introduction (3:01)
StartExploring Tableau (14:17)
Free PreviewTableau Data Concepts (10:43)
StartConnecting to Data Sources (7:27)
StartData Sources in Tableau (15:13)
StartTableau Workspace (15:16)
StartCreating a New View (16:38)
StartUsing Multiple Data Sources (13:17)
StartExercise 1 (2:41)
Free PreviewSelecting a Chart Type - Part 1 (9:52)
StartSelecting a Chart Type - Part 2 (15:02)
StartBuilding a View - Part 1 (15:51)
StartBuilding a View - Part 2 (16:30)
StartDesigning Callout Numbers and Tables (10:59)
StartHistograms and Whisker Plots (14:32)
StartScatter Plot and Correlation Matrix (15:33)
StartSpatial Charts (15:00)
StartCreating a Dashboard (14:59)
StartPresenting a Story (14:59)
StartPublishing & Sharing a Workbook (10:31)
StartExercise 2 (6:39)
StartExercise 3 (9:54)