Microsoft Project 2021 for Beginners: Master the Essentials
Learn Microsoft Project 2021 with this easy-to-follow training course from Simon Sez IT
Are you a Project Manager or a PMO looking to take your project management skills to the next level? Have you been using Project 2019 or older, but you want to upgrade to the latest and greatest offering from Microsoft? Maybe you are an ‘accidental’ project manager who needs to upgrade their skills in Project. If so, then this course is for you.
Project 2021 is the latest on-premises release from Microsoft and the newest addition to the Project family of applications.
Project 2021 is a full life-cycle project management tool that makes managing small to large complex projects easy. Enter tasks and edit the information. Add structure to a list by adding summaries and subtasks, create task dependencies, set constraints, manage resources, costs, and budgets, track progress, and so much more.
In this introduction to Project 2021, we will run through the core functionality of Project and have you up and running in no time. There are no prerequisites, however, having a project management background or some experience using older versions of Project will be an advantage.
In this course, students will learn how to:
- Explain the differences between Project plans and Project versions
- Explore the Project interface with confidence and quickly find commands
- Work with keyboard shortcuts
- Switch between views and tables
- Create, save, open, and close Project files
- Setup Project calendars and define exceptions
- Manually enter tasks
- Understand the difference between automatically vs. manually scheduled tasks
- Create milestone tasks
- Add structure with summary and subtasks
- Create a work breakdown structure
- Link tasks and add dependencies
- Assign lag or lead time
- Set task deadlines and constraints
- Assign resources to tasks
- Deal with resource overallocations
- Understand effort vs. non-effort driven scheduling
- Customize table columns
- Work with the timeline view
- Sort, filter, and group tasks
- Identify the critical path
- Set a baseline to measure progress
- Identify and fix issues
- Delay tasks
- Make tasks inactive
- Add notes to tasks and resources
- Track and manage task and project progress
- Create and format basic reports
- Print views, notes, and reports
- Save a Project file as a template
- Export a Project file to a PDF and Excel workbook
- Password-protect Project files.
- This is a video-led course. You can preview some videos below.
- This course includes practice exercises.
- This course is aimed at PC Excel users.
Course Certificate Included
This course includes an optional online quiz that will generate a course certificate upon completion.
We offer an unconditional, 30-day, full money-back guarantee, no questions asked. This is our way of ensuring you have complete confidence in your Stream Skill purchase. If you don’t learn, you don’t pay.
Why Trust Us?
Stream Skill is part of the Simon Sez IT family and has been in business 14+ years and taught over 1 million students in that time. We’ve created over 130 software training courses, 8,000+ video tutorials, and we’ve helped thousands of people across the world learn how to use Microsoft Office. We’ve now created Microsoft Excel courses for the last five versions and continue to help people get to grips with this essential tool.