Learn Data Analysis in Excel through the PivotTable Function
We all need to analyze data these days since we live in a very data-driven world. Data is so important when it comes to understanding your business, looking for trends, or forecasting future business needs. Because there is a lot of importance placed on data analysis, it is important that you have the relevant skills to analyze data effectively.
Pivot Tables is an essential Excel skill for jobs that involve analyzing and visualizing large amounts of data. Pivot Tables are an interactive way of quickly summarizing large amounts of data by grouping and aggregating sets of data and lets you analyze data in a clear and effective way.
This course will discuss the importance of cleaning your data before you can create your first Pivot Table. You will also learn how to create Pivot Charts and how to format your Pivot Tables and Charts.
This beginner course is aimed at people who never used Pivot Tables before and would like to get started but is also helpful for those who have a rough knowledge of Pivot Tables but would like to expand their Excel skills. This course includes downloadable excel data files that the instructor uses in the tutorial so you can follow along.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to Clean and Prepare your Data
- How to create a Basic Pivot Table
- How to use the Pivot Table Fields pane
- How to Add Fields and Pivoting the Fields
- How to Format Numbers in Pivot Table
- What are the different ways to Summarize Data
- How to Group Pivot Table Data
- How to use Multiple Fields and Dimension
- What are the Methods of Aggregation
- How to Choose and Lock the Report Layout
- How to apply Pivot Table Styles
- How to Sort Data and use Filters
- How to create Pivot Charts based on Pivot Table data
- How to Select the right Chart for your data
- How to apply Conditional Formatting
- How to add Slicers and Timelines to your dashboards
- How to Add New Data to the original source dataset
- How to Update Pivot Tables and Charts
- This is a video-led course. You can preview some videos below.
- This course includes practice exercises.
- This course is aimed at PC Excel users.
Course Certificate Included
This course includes an optional online quiz that will generate a course certificate upon completion.
We offer an unconditional, 30-day, full money-back guarantee, no questions asked. This is our way of ensuring you have complete confidence in your Stream Skill purchase. If you don’t learn, you don’t pay.
Why Trust Us?
Stream Skill is part of the Simon Sez IT family and has been in business 10+ years and taught over 500,000 students in that time. We’ve created over 100 software training courses, 5,000+ video tutorials, and we’ve helped thousands of people across the world learn how to use Microsoft Office. We’ve now created Microsoft Excel courses for the last five versions and continue to help people get to grips with this essential tool.
The “IT" in Simon Sez IT stands for “Information Technology." We offer instruction to help learners win when it comes to computer and software technology. Learning software skills in an easy, self-paced way for an affordable price is what Simon Sez IT is all about.
The company was founded in 2008 by Chris “Simon" Calder, Director of IT operations for one of Los Angeles' most prestigious institutions. In this role, Simon saw the need for low-stress software training for hundreds of employees in his company who were facing technological upgrades at work. That's how the idea of Simon Sez IT was born.
Since then, Simon Sez IT has built a rapid and loyal following. At a time when many companies were struggling to survive, Simon Sez IT thrived—providing accessible, low-cost computer and software training to people of all ages, regardless of their computer experience. In our first four years alone, we serviced tens of thousands of satisfied customers in over 180 countries.
Free PreviewThe Importance of Cleaning Data (3:05)
StartRemoving Blank Rows (5:30)
StartRemoving Duplicate Rows (2:37)
StartClearing Formatting (4:26)
StartApplying Number Formatting (8:38)
StartChanging the Case (9:15)
StartRemoving Spaces and Non-printing Characters (10:06)
StartMerging and Splitting Columns (13:00)
StartConvert Numbers Stored as Text (2:28)
StartFinding and Replacing Text (6:07)
StartSpell Check (3:57)
StartExercise 01 (4:01)