Get started in managing Agile Projects with Jira Software
Companies use different ways to organize their projects, and the type of methodology they use determines the tool that is best suited for their needs. Jira is a project management software designed to help teams of all types to manage work.
Jira is an issue tracking and project management tool that is highly configurable and flexible that allows it to be used in a wide variety of processes. The Jira workflows and issue types enable customization for almost any situation and can be easily changed using the administrative backend.
There are different versions of Jira available, but the core concepts are applicable across these versions. In this course, we will be using a non-premium version of Jira Software on Cloud.
Jira Software is the flagship version of Jira that is used for agile project management, meaning it is beneficial for companies that use the agile methodology. With that being said, learning Jira requires learning some agile concepts and this course includes a crash course on the basics of agile methodology to help you with getting started in Jira.
This course is aimed at beginners so if you are brand new to Jira, then this is the course for you!
In this course, you will learn:
- What are the different available versions of Jira
- The basics of Agile Methodology
- Key Agile and Jira terms you need to know
- How to navigate Jira’s Interface
- How to create and customize a Team-Managed Project
- How to work with a Company-Managed Project
- The difference between Team-Managed and Company-Managed Projects
- How to create and manage Scrum Boards and Kanban Boards
- How to create Issues in Jira
- How to create Filters and Custom Fields
- How to use Dashboards
- What are Reports and Roadmaps in Jira
- User Management in Jira
- Understanding Workflows
- Understanding how Schemes work
- The basics of Automation in Jira
- An overview of Jira System Administration
- How to customize Jira using the administrative backend
- This is a video-led course. You can preview some videos below.
- This course includes instructor files.
- This course is suitable for PC or Mac users.
Course Certificate Included
This course includes an optional online quiz that will generate a course certificate upon completion.
We offer an unconditional, 30-day, full money-back guarantee, no questions asked. This is our way of ensuring you have complete confidence in your Stream Skill purchase. If you don’t learn, you don’t pay.
Why Trust Us?
Stream Skill is part of the Simon Sez IT family and has been in business 10+ years and taught over 500,000 students in that time. We’ve created over 100 software training courses, 5,000+ video tutorials, and we’ve helped thousands of people across the world learn how to use Microsoft Office. We’ve now created Microsoft Excel courses for the last five versions and continue to help people get to grips with this essential tool.
The “IT" in Simon Sez IT stands for “Information Technology." We offer instruction to help learners win when it comes to computer and software technology. Learning software skills in an easy, self-paced way for an affordable price is what Simon Sez IT is all about.
The company was founded in 2008 by Chris “Simon" Calder, Director of IT operations for one of Los Angeles' most prestigious institutions. In this role, Simon saw the need for low-stress software training for hundreds of employees in his company who were facing technological upgrades at work. That's how the idea of Simon Sez IT was born.
Since then, Simon Sez IT has built a rapid and loyal following. At a time when many companies were struggling to survive, Simon Sez IT thrived—providing accessible, low-cost computer and software training to people of all ages, regardless of their computer experience. In our first four years alone, we serviced tens of thousands of satisfied customers in over 180 countries.